The Student News Site of Evergreen Park Community High School

Mustang Monitor

Mustang Monitor

Mustang Monitor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Roadhouse (2024)
Roadhouse (2024)
April 9, 2024
EVER-READ
EVER-READ
March 15, 2024

The Sound of Freedom

A Review on a Film Hollywood Generally Avoids

(WARNING: SLIGHT SPOILERS)

Just recently, my family and I went to see The Sound of Freedom, directed by Alejandro Monteverde. The movie begins with opening credits of real unsettling footage of child trafficking, represented by kidnappings and abductions. Throughout this entire film, you realize how everything functions between Tim Ballard’s mission and the selling of children. Tim Ballard was an active FBI agent who specialized in child abduction and trafficking at the time. Jim Caviezel wonderfully played Ballard, and not only has he been recognized for taking the lead role as Jesus Christ in the movie, The Passion of the Christ, but Caviezel also manages to inspire and impact his viewers in this significant not-talked-about topic.

Sound of Freedom True Story: Discovering the Truth Behind the Movie | Angel  Studios

To begin, the overflow of emotions is too much to bear. Since everything is based on a true story, it seems unbelievable. This magnificent film doesn’t seem like 135 minutes, but it is! Nothing is more significant than touching a subject that nobody is completely aware of. 

The Call to Action At The End of 'Sound of Freedom' is A Genius Capitalist  Grift

Without saying any more spoilers, I want to sum up everything I have experienced emotionally and mentally. This motion picture manages to inflict awareness and sympathy for this crime upon adolescents.  The Sound of Freedom has every right to make everyone cry at every moment. I hope this movie makes you sob as much as I did. Since watching this film, I have been more aware of my surroundings when I’m alone, with my peers, and with younger people. This movie portrays that anything can happen in a split second, and that’s extremely scary.

Although this movie received significant backlash and difficulty upon its release date, The Sound of Freedom presented a disturbing and sincere view of the reality of child trafficking that still exists today. The most memorable quote I took from the movie is:

“God’s children are not for sale”

The Sound of Freedom