The Student News Site of Evergreen Park Community High School

Mustang Monitor

Mustang Monitor

Mustang Monitor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Roadhouse (2024)
Roadhouse (2024)
April 9, 2024
EVER-READ
EVER-READ
March 15, 2024

Mustangs Take On Texas

EP Music Department Spring Break Trip
Mustangs Take On Texas

What an incredible spring break it was for the EP Music Department! This past spring break, the band, choir, and color guard traveled to San Antonio, Texas for their performance tour. The group was able to partake in clinics at Trinity University, perform at the Riverwalk and Towers of America, and participate in a week filled with fun!

Here’s a day by day breakdown…

• Monday: Nearly 90 students and chaperones headed to San Antonio on Monday morning and started the day with a nice dinner on the famous San Antonio Riverwalk with Mexican cuisine.
  • Tuesday: The band and choir participated in a clinic instructed by professors at Trinity University. Later on in the day, the group got to learn about the historic Alamo and take a tour of it in person! To end the day off, the band, guard, and choir both wowed the crowd at the Towers of Americas by bringing Friday night football jams to Texas.
  • Wednesday: Next, the group started the morning by going to the beautiful Japanese Tea Garden and walking around the trail. In the afternoon the group got to visit the Historic Market Square and shop! Later on in the day the band, choir, and guard performed at the San Antonio Riverwalk! Great job to all of the performers! The day ended with some good ole Texas BBQ, Lasso training, and line dancing!
  • Thursday: After days of performances the group got to spend the entire day at SeaWorld! Then ended the evening with pizza, bowling, rock climbing, laser tag, and more!
  • Friday: To end the fun-filled trip the group experienced a tour of the San Jose Missions National Park. The group was educated on what the mission was and how it worked. Lastly, closing off the trip with one last supper together at the Food Hall at the Bottling Department!

Another amazing Music Department Performance Tour is in the books!