Boys’ and Girls’ Bowling

Expectations for the Upcoming Season.

(L-R) 2019 Regional Champions Florencia Luciano, Kiara Smith, Coach Fundukian, Morgan Markowicz, Katrina Del Rosario, Asst. Coach Markowicz, Macy Benson, and Jessalyn Torres

Katrina Jillian Del Rosario, Staff Writer

Winter is coming! The bowling season is fast approaching and both the boys’ and girls’ teams are ready to dominate. 

With seven bowlers graduating from the previous season, the guys’ varsity team will be a brand new unit with only current senior Thomas Murphy and sophomore Connor Pula returning for an expected winning season. Coach Ron Pula and Assistant Coach Tom Virgin are looking forward to a top three finish at Conference with the team advancing to the Sectional Finals from Regionals. They are both continuing their progression of a winning program and attitude. With Thomas Murphy’s tremendous continuation of raising his game every year and Connor Pula’s seven-year experience at Junior Gold Championships, Coach Pula expects them to help share their knowledge about winning and improving to the new bowlers.“We have a potential for a very strong season and hopefully a long season leading to the state championships,” Coach Pula says.

Meanwhile, the girls are hoping for both a Conference and Regionals Championship win. With three strong bowlers returning, Kiara Smith, Morgan Markowicz, and Katrina Del Rosario, Coach Fundukian expects them to continue growing to allow the whole team to compete at the State level. The varsity team will be growing from six bowlers to  nine with multiple juniors and three seniors, Florencia Luciano, Morgan Markowicz, and Katrina Del Rosario. Both Coach Fundukian and Assistant Coach Mike Markowicz can’t wait to see the girls improve throughout the season and hopefully compete at the State Championships.