The Student News Site of Evergreen Park Community High School

Mustang Monitor

Mustang Monitor

Mustang Monitor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Roadhouse (2024)
Roadhouse (2024)
April 9, 2024
EVER-READ
EVER-READ
March 15, 2024

Saw X: A Review

Saw X: A Review

Do you want to play a game?… 

Well Jigsaw, also known as John Kramer, sure does. The amazing franchise has released yet another movie, Saw X.

In the previous movie, we were left on a cliffhanger and left wondering if that would be the last for the infamous John Kramer. As it turns out, Kramer’s brain cancer is spreading, and there is but one solution; he needs a surgery only a special doctor can perform… right outside Mexico City. 

John Kramer put his blind trust and money into a team of doctors in order to take back his life. Spoiler Alert: The “team of doctors” really consisted of a group of con artists who were led by Dr. Cecilia Pederson, and unfortunately (or fortunately???) caught by the furious John Kramer. The con artists pretended that they could fix his deadly illness, pretended to perform surgery, and took an Immense amount of money from Kramer.

The plot of the movie consisted of John Kramer seeking revenge against the malicious people who made him and several others believe that they could be cured. Aside from getting vengeance, John Kramer, as he always does, intended for his games to provoke life altering changes in perspectives.  

The ingenious traps did not disappoint fans, each one bringing us to the edge of our seats, trying not to look away. Since I can’t exactly go into details of the traps, as a nonspecific overview : bone marrow, radiation, brain surgery, and blood boarding. 

The Saw X movie was not exactly like the others in the franchise since John Kramer and his loyal assistant, Amanda, were openly involved and present during the traps. Since the reasoning behind the game was significantly more personal to Jigsaw, his presence allowed for a deeper understanding of the “participants’” role and faults.

As the movie comes to an end, the audience is slightly panicked since Kramer and an innocent boy named Carlos, are left in a suffocating predicament within one of Kramer’s traps. What the audience is unaware of, is that Kramer intended for this to happen and has another up his sleeve. The selfish nature of Cecilia and naivety of her “boyfriend” is exactly what he was counting on. The ending of the movie is definitely one of the better ones of the franchise, somehow wholesome and fulfilling, but also thought provoking. 

Personally, I can say Saw X is one of the best horror films of 2023, (but I’m biased) so don’t take my word for it, head to the nearest AMC!

Quotes worth mentioning:

You have played your last con game, but not your last game”- John Kramer

Hello, everyone. It’s time to play a game. You all pretended to cure me. But what I have planned for each of you, is very real.” – John Kramer

“Out of all the people to cheat you chose John Kramer, I call that bad luck.” – Detective Hoffman