Service Club collaborates with “All God’s People”

Great job Mustangs!

Imani Sykes, Staff Writer

This past weekend our fellow Mustangs participated in the humbling experience of feeding the homeless. Service Club is known for giving back to the community, but this specific opportunity proved to be a once in a lifetime experience. This event took place in downtown Chicago around noon and consisted of over one hundred homeless people.Head sponsor for the service club Mrs. Papisideris has happily been involved with feeding the homeless for three years now and has passionately stated that she’s “happy that the students in service club get to witness and are able to be apart of such a humbling experience”.Luckily, the service club was well prepared and they were able to serve a variety of foods such as pasta, meatballs, vegetables, and many other delicious dishes. There were also men’s, women’s, and children’s clothes that were being distributed to the homeless.Several communities also donated hygiene products that consisted of deodorant, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, and bath towels. If you want to participate in the next event which will be packaging food for the Feed my Starving Children Organization, please contact Mrs.Papisideris with any further questions. It’s always great to see our fellow Evergreen Park students giving back to the community!!!!

Caption:On Saturday, October 12, 2018 the Service Club collaborated with “All God’s People” which is an organization that ministers to the needs of homeless people in the Chicago Loop area.  The second Saturday of the month they set up a distribution center at 2431 S State Street where they hand out clothing, blankets, toiletries, and food.  Twelve students, accompanied by the co-sponsors, volunteered. The students that were present were Jennifer Alcaraz, Yarely Alcaraz, John Bautista, Joe Donnelly, Gio Hernandez, Kiara James, Leian Lacey, Henry Lee, Emma O’Grady, Ariel Ochoa, Jeremiah Robinson, and Imani Sykes. Sponsors Eileen Durkin and Anna Papasideris.

d Imani Sykes.  Sponsors Eileen Durkin and Anna Papasideris