Rivals in Overtime!

Football-EP vs Oak Lawn

Imani Sykes, Staff Writer

This past Friday, Mustang Nation witnessed an impressive and exhilarating victory against long time rivals Oak lawn Community High School also known as the Spartans. School spirit was definitely in the air by the large amount of EP students that represented their school proudly by wearing EP spirit wear and loudly supporting their fellow football team during this chilly Friday night football game. The varsity football team was determined to bring home a win against tough opponent Oak Lawn High School. This was also a devastating loss for the opposing team due to it being their homecoming game. The other team was up by seven points for the majority of the game, until the mustangs were put on the board by wide receiver William Tharps who scored a thrilling touch-down. The Mustangs followed this up by the impressive extra point scored by sophomore Nolan Bruce, creating a lead for the mustangs. Although this was exciting, the Spartans quickly scored against us, tying the game for the majority of its playing time. This hair-raising game was proving to be an exciting one. We were tied with the opposing team for the rest of the game until we went into overtime. That’s when Sean Wilkinson scored a mind-blowing pass by quarterback Jack Westphal creating a huge win for mustang nation. This has by far been the biggest victory of the season for the varsity football team.The close, final score was 15-14 making EP’s record 4-1. The Evergreen Park freshman team should also be mentioned with their amazing season so far with the record of 5-0. Coach Scaduto states that “they’ve been slaughtering each team they face” and we are all excited to see what’s to come by the freshman team. The Varsity football team is expected to face Argo High School this upcoming Friday night and hopefully will be able to bring home another win for our mustang nation!