Stressed, But Well-Dressed

How to dress nice and manage stress at the same time

Katrina Jillian Del Rosario, Staff Writer

Now that the new school year has started, students will be waking up at 6 A.M. or, for those who are lucky, 7 A.M. to get ready for school. They’ll most likely put on the first thing they can find, a hoodie and sweatpants. But this doesn’t have to be the case. Don’t get me wrong, sweats and a hoodie are probably the most comfortable clothes someone can wear, but it doesn’t have to be just sweats and a hoodie. Knowing what different types of clothes go well together will help you as you get older.

If you want to wear sweatpants, pair it with a form-fitting shirt and nice sneakers. Students usually pair hoodies with leggings and that’s no problem, but the outfit lacks creativity and individuality. Replace the hoodies with crewnecks or sweaters and pair them with tight bottoms like skinny jeans or even joggers. Don’t forget about the little things! Adding jewelry, belts, or a small bag can help turn a boring outfit into something more original. Tucking in your shirt, rolling the sleeves, or cuffing the bottom of your jeans will furthermore help make it your own. Also, be confident! Don’t be afraid to wear that dress or match those crazy pants with a solid colored shirt. Most importantly, wear clean clothes and shoes. No one wants to see the ketchup stain that happened at lunch last week or your muddy white Vans that were ruined because of the rain. Take care of your clothes so you don’t have to buy new ones.

School causes stress, everyone knows that, but not everyone knows how to manage their time to be stress-free. Putting your main priorities first and properly using the time you have is key to completing the things that need to be done.

Learn how to multitask, you do it every day when you’re writing down notes while listening to your teacher. So while eating your lunch, you can easily try knocking out a Membean session for English or a few math problems instead of scrolling through your phone. Utilize your Mustang IDEA time and start writing that essay or finish those history notes. If you don’t finish the homework you have during the spare time you have in school, turn your phone on do not disturb and put it across the room when you get home. That way you have to actually get up and walk to get your phone which, for most of us, requires a lot of energy. Try pushing yourself to finish your work so you don’t have to do it later when you’re out of energy because it’ll make you lazy and irritated. It’s all about you having the mental strength to do things now instead of later. 

Dressing nice helps uplift your mood which will get you through the day. Learning how to manage everyday stress makes both your mind and body healthy.